If you are struggling with how best to connect with your customers online whether it’s via a company Blog or your website, consider these five approaches from the best-selling book, The Network Is Your Customer, by David L. Rogers:
- Try Branding, Not Selling – Offer a story, entertainment, or a compelling idea that you can link convincingly to your brand, rather than trying to sell products or services directly.
- Offer Utility — Provide content and interaction that helps solve a problem or answers a critical information need for your audience.
- Show A Personal Face – Engage customers by showing a personal side and an authentic voice in digital content rather than the objective and authoritative voice of an institution.
- Focus On The Particular – Focus on niche audiences and their specific needs and interests, rather than trying to engage every possible customer with the same content.
- Make It A Game — Use the interactive, goal-based play of online games to engage customers for fun, education, and relationship-building.