Here are some tips that I really like from Roy Vaden’s new book, Take The Stairs:
- Do the hard stuff first. When you conquer the most difficult tasks first, it gives you a confidence that carriers you throughout the day.
- Practice positive self-talk.
- Stop fixing on the here and now, and think about the big picture.
- Approach all decisions with the mindset of “how.” Asking how increases your commitment, thereby increasing your chances of success.
- Put your self-esteem into your work habits instead of your results. To keep yourself motivated, take pride in sticking to your new habits, rather than looking for immediate results.
- Develop the habit of acting in the face of fear. The best cure for fear is action.
Thanks to Rory for sharing with me an advance copy of his book, Take The Stairs — 7 Steps to Achieving True Success.