I really like these 10 guiding business principles that San Antonio, TX headquartered insurance company USAA lives by:
- Exceed customer expectations
- Live the Golden Rule (treat others with courtesy and respect)
- Be a leader
- Participate and contribute
- Pursue excellence
- Work as a team
- Share knowledge
- Keep it simple (make it easy for customers to do business with us and for us to work together)
- Listen and communicate
- Have fun
Too many companies don’t make it simple for their customers to do business with them. Is it easy for your customers to:
- Buy from you?
- Make returns?
- Get pricing and terms?
- Receive timely responses to their e-mails?
- Quickly get answers when phoning your company?
You can find more examples of companies with impressive guiding principles in the book, 1001 Ways To Energize Employees.