You can use the following books and websites to help you find a job in the nonprofit sector.
These resources are particularly helpful for leaders wishing to switch from the for-profit sector.
Nonprofit Career Books:
- The Nonprofit Career Guide – By Shelly Cryer
- 100 Best Nonprofits To Work For – By Leslie Hamilton and Robert Tragert
- 150 Best Jobs For A Better World – By Laurence Shatkin
- Career Opportunities In The Nonprofit Sector – By Jennifer Bobrow Burns
- Change Your Career: Transitioning To The Nonprofit Sector – By Laura Gassner Otting
- From Making A Profit To Making A Difference – By Richard M. King
- The Harvard Business School Guide To Careers In The Nonprofit Sector – By Stephanie Lowell
- The Idealist Guide To Nonprofit Careers – By Meg Busse and Steven Pascal-Joiner
- Search: Winning Strategies To Get Your Next Job In The Nonprofit World – By Larry Slesinger
Another great way to enter the nonprofit sector is to first volunteer for one or more nonprofit organizations. You can find opportunities on the VolunteerMatch.org website.